There is no other season quite like fall-the crisp air, crunching leaves, cozy fires, and of course-pumpkin flavored everything! I love to experiment with new recipes and find new ways to incorporate the flavors of fall.
Canned pumpkin is a great choice for recipes from desserts to soups and everything in between so I knew it was going to be a key ingredient in these Fall Harvest Breakfast Cookies. They are loaded up with great natural ingredients and are gluten free, dairy free, and vegan.
Whether you are looking for a quick breakfast chock full of good for you ingredients or a healthy afternoon snack this recipe has you covered!
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- ½ -¾ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 flax eggs (2T ground flax with 6T warm water, let sit)
- 1 tsp.pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Line baking sheet with foil, parchment paper, or a silpat mat. If you do not already own a silpat mat and you enjoy baking I recommend grabbing one. They help your food to cook evenly, make cleanup easier, and cuts out the waste of throwing foil away repeatedly.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until well mixed, mixture will be a sticky still. These breakfast cookies are meant to be just lightly sweetened but you can add a bit more maple syrup to increase the sweetness.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture onto prepared pans, flatten gently with your palm.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Heat for 10-15 seconds in the microwave or toaster over to warm.
- Get creative and customize these breakfast cookies with your favorite add ins like pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or even chocolate chips. Stir in a ¼ cup of whichever one you like, if mixture is too dry to hold together add a bit more coconut oil.