Health Benefits of Oregano Oil
- Parasite infections: Oregano oil has been shown to be more effective than prescribed medications at fighting parasitic infections.
- Helps prevent food borne illness as well as alleviate the symptoms if you have food poisoning. Not only may adding the oil to foods help to kill such bacteria, but using the oil if you have food poisoning may help to alleviate your symptoms.
- Inhibits the growth of e.coli and therefore prevents urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Fights off yeast infections including those resistant to drugs.
- Treats nail fungus and athletes foot. Effective when applied topically to skin or nails as well as in a foot soaking bath.
- Inhale over a steam bath to treat sinus infections.
- Treats colds and infections when applied under the tongue. Dilute 1 drop of oregano oil in 1 drop of carrier oil such as EVOO. Place 1-2 drops under your tongue then rinse with warm water after a few minutes.
- In cleaning products. There are numerous natural cleaning recipes on Pinterest which use oregano oil.
Oregano oil is pricey but thankfully just a little bit goes a long way in treating a whole host of issues. I have applied this oil to my dog’s belly when a rash appeared and within a few hours there was a tremendous amount of improvement in her reaction. I have also used oregano oil to treat an infection on my daughter’s foot. Her toe was warm to the touch but an obvious source of the infection was not apparent. After 2-3 applications per day for 3 days the infection was completely clear without the need for medical intervention.
Oregano oil should definitely be one of the essential oils that is always in your first aid kit, whether at home or on the road.
Thank you for joining me for another healthy living tip as part of my 31 Days of Healthy Living Tips series.