Beach and park weather is right around the corner or depending on where you live the warm weather might be here already. Feeding children healthy and nutritious vegan gluten-free snacks at home is easy enough once your find your routine and what your children enjoy eating. What about when you are out and about enjoying the outdoors? Convenient and easy to transport vegan gluten-free meals and snacks are not always the easiest things to create.
We are a busy family of 9 who seems to always be on the go for one reason or another. Once our homeschool work is complete we are typically outside or off an on outing to enjoy the beautiful climate we live in. This has forced me to get creative when planning and packing for all of my hungry children on our outings. As any mother will tell you, snacks are an absolute necessity when going any where with children. Healthy and nutritious food can stave off temper tantrums induced by a hungry tummy and keep everyone happy while you enjoy the outdoors. Don’t let your healthy lifestyle and eating habits waver just because you are away from home and the comforts of your kitchen. Plan ahead and save yourself stress!
Here is a list of my favorite snacks to pack for my large crew when we are out and about.
- Fresh fruits such as bananas, apple slices, and orange slices
- Almond butter to dip banana or apple slices (provides an excellent source of protein)
- Dried fruit free of sweeteners or sulfites
- Late July Sea salt by the Seashore chips
- Carrots, celery, cherry tomatoes, and other fun finger food fresh veggies
- Seaweed in personal snack packs
- Cucumbers, peeled with a touch of sea salt
- Rice crackers
- Sandwich idea: almond butter and organic jelly on gluten free bread or rolled in rice tortillas
- Trail mix with raw cashews, pumpkin seeds (pepitas), dried cranberries, sunflower seeds, and raisins
- and anything else that you can think of which your children enjoy, fits your food choices, and is easily transported
Do you have a favorite vegan or gluten-free kid friendly snack idea not listed above? I’d love to hear from you in the comments!
Shared at Share Your Stuff Tuesday